Thursday, August 21, 2008

Recipe Thursday: Avocado Tacos

These are a simple treat that I made up the other night. They were delish and refreshing.

1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
1 medium tomato, fresh from the garden!, chopped
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
sea salt, fresh ground pepper to taste
2-3 Tbsp (or more) chunky salsa
3 flour tortillas
1/4 c. sour cream
1/4 c. colby jack cheese, shredded

Combine all ingredients up to the flour tortillas. Spoon a couple of spoonfuls of mixture into flour tortilla. Add dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of cheese. Wrap up and eat!

NOTE: I chop up my avocado rather than totally mash it. I like that texture better for this. I mash them more for a dip.

I was thinking you could probably add some black beans for more nutrition. You could also punch it up with some chili or cayenne powder. And for an immunity boost, add a clove of minced garlic. If you want meat, maybe add some shredded chicken. I wanted something simple, cool and tasty. And aren't avocados just a power-packed delicious food?!

No comments: