Friday, August 8, 2008

Music Review - "Praise to the Lord - Hymn Arrangements for Two Pianos"


Okay, I just got this CD this week - you have to check it out! I was so moved when I heard this CD. "There's Something About That Name" moved me to tears. "It Is Well With My Soul", "I'd Rather Have Jesus" and more. You can go to Danny and Deanna's website to hear clips and order the CD.

Danny and Deanna are a husband-wife duo that have a piano studio in Owasso, Oklahoma. They are extremely accomplished pianists and musicians. I cannot say enough about them.

Deanna "Dee Dee" and I were roommates for a semester in college and were in a girls glee club together. Danny and I graduated the same year although I don't believe we shared any classes together. I heard them play individually many times while in school. I remember the first time I heard Danny. It was a Concerto-Aria concert one spring. My mouth hit the floor and my eyes got as big as saucers when I heard him play! Deanna is equally as accomplished with sight-reading that will make your head spin. You can read all about them on their website too.

Please check out their CD - you will thoroughly enjoy it!

No comments: