Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First Day of School

Today was our first day of school at home and with our virtual school. It is 5yo ds first day of Kindergarten, 10yto dd first day of 5th grade and 3yo ds first day of "wannabe a Kindergartener and do school". We got started at 8:30am and stopped at 10:15am for a breakfast break. (Our kids don't like to eat real early but prefer a midmorning breakfast.) Then 5yo ds wrapped up his day around 12:30pm. He was still going strong when the 3yo ds and 10yo dd were ready to pack up and be done. Hmmm. I told him he was done with his assignments but I think he would have done more. But I didn't want to push him too much for fear he might not want to do it again tomorrow and beyond. It is almost 3pm and I am still working with 10yo dd on her school assignments, although she did take a lunch break for about 30-45 minutes. She also largely participated with 5yo ds quite interested in what he is doing and learning...no worries.

5yo ds told me he really liked school and 3yo ds said he liked school too. They were looking forward to tomorrow. YEAH! I just hope it lasts for awhile. 10yo dd was grumping getting started as usual. Bummer! I am hopeful she will enjoy this year more with her brothers "doing school" alongside her.

Since I took today off of school and I am still helping with school at 3pm, it looks like we will have our hands full this year. Although we would be done sooner if they weren't distracting one another and "chasing rabbits". However, "chasing rabbits" isn't all bad and do provide spontaneous educational moments.

So we shall see how tomorrow goes for day number 2!

No comments: