Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Movie Review: "Definitely, Maybe"

I watched "Definitely, Maybe" this last week with Ryan Reynolds and Abigail Breslin ("Little Miss Sunshine"). This looked like it might be a good chick flick which I am always up for. I enjoyed Abigail Breslin in "Little Miss Sunshine" although I didn't care for that movie. This was the first I had heard of or seen Ryan Reynolds although it appears he has been around a number of years and has some good stuff coming out.

This movie was alright but a little disappointing. Without trying to give spoilers, Will Hayes (Reynolds) has a series of disappointing relationships and settles into a marriage that ends in divorce and a little girl, Maya (Breslin), who is his happy ending. Maya is interested in his string of lost loves and her mother. He realizes he married the wrong woman and should have ended up with another woman whom he pursues and wins. I guess I was disappointed because he settled and married the wrong woman, tossed his marriage, and magically hooked up with the "right" woman. Then his daughter was encouraging all of this although totally devoted to her mother too. I suppose I wanted him to either not marry who he did, or stick it out and make it work with her. I know there are those who totally disagree with me and my "old-fashioned" opinions or ideas.

No comments: