Saturday, June 4, 2011

Tomato Crazy!

I haven't been to the garden in a week due to a flat tire so my neighbor has gleaned my squash (15+ of them!!) and watered for me. I owe her big time!

So this evening I went down to water and take a look about. Holy Tomatoes! They are big and bushy! The Yellow Pears I had to stake up since they pulled down the cage. The Pink Brandywine and Red Romas are enormous. No fruit on any of the plants, except the Yellow Pear and Red Husky Cherry Tomatoes - those are popping out pretty good. Can't wait for those "candies".

This years tomatoes and peppers should be very bountiful. The plants look amazing compared to last year. I am sure it is the amended soil (mushroom compost) and papering/mulching. Plus we are watering more and the weather has been good.

The squash has been delish and plentiful. I have been able to share with my neighbor and have plenty left. I sauteed them for supper tonight! YUM!

Cucumbers

Yellow Crookneck Squash

Yellow Crookneck Squash

Plot & Community Garden Beans

Red Husky Cherry Tomatoes

Red & Green Bell Peppers

Red Brandywine & Yellow Jubillee Tomatoes

Yellow Jubillee & Jelly Bean Tomatoes

2 Red Husky Cherry Tomatoes & a Yellow Pear Tomato

Yellow Pear Tomato

Pink Brandywine & Red Roma Tomatoes

2 Red Husky Cherry Tomatoes & a Yellow Pear
Now you see the bushy mess? I had to look closely amongst all the plants just to be sure it was all tomato plants and no weeds. The weeds like to mask themselves!

No comments: