Tuesday, June 7, 2011

After the Storm

We had a bad wind and rain storm Sunday night which blew over two of my big beautiful Brandywine tomato plants.

(Enter tears and crying....Ok, composing myself now.)

Fortunately my neighbor went over there during the day while I was at work and tried to stake them up for me. She did a pretty good job. (Ok, now I seriously owe her big time!) Then I went down in the evening and staked more and tied up branches. I had an old t-shirt and used about the whole shirt tying up branches and securing all my tomato plants plus one pepper plant.

There are supposed to be storms later in the week so we will see how secure they are now. I still need two more tomato baskets for two seedling plants that are growing all crazy. I couldn't find good baskets when I was buying stakes, so I will have to go elsewhere for those.

Staked up tomatoes

No comments: