Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring is Here!

What in the world?! Haven't been on here since October?? Yikes. Well I actually have something to blog about now.
I started gardening last fall with fall/winter crops like cabbage, lettuces, broccoli, beets and onions. My beets and onions didn't do anything but my lettuces, broccoli and cabbages were great! So I thought I would keep on with that success and learn and do more since I enjoyed it so much.I don't have a garden at home but I rent a plot at a community garden. This spring I am splurging and renting two more plots because it seemed that one just wouldn't be enough for my vegetable taste buds and so many things I would like to try. These plots are about the size of a twin-sized bed. At this point I just want something to grow. As I figure out how to grow things I will dial things in to get the most out of a small space. So here we go...

Here are a couple of pictures from last fall - Black-seeded lettuce and Chinese cabbage:

No comments: