Wednesday, April 21, 2010

March 27-29 - getting ready and planting a little

3/27/2010 - Weeded my initial fall plot. Not too much to weed since there were crops up until Christmas. Then it has been so cold and rainy that nothing could grow anyway. I threw in the remainder of the fall's hummus compost and mixed it in.

I had hoped to get in late winter early spring crops like beets, broccoli, etc. but it was so cold and rainy. Plus my work schedule was a nightmare! 60-80 hour work weeks as a programmer do not make the gardener. :-)

Week of 3/29/2010 - Planted Burpee Bibb Lettuce seeds, Little Finger Carrot seed tape, Vivian Romaine Lettuce seeds and Scarlet Nantes carrot seeds. I thought I would try the seed tape and seeds to see which I like or what did the best. Under each row I laid a layer of mushroom compost, a layer of soil and then the seeds with a thin (1/8-1/4") soil covering over the seeds.

No comments: