Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

2008 ended on a good note and I am hopeful 2009 will be better. The last news at work on 12/31/2008 was a plane ticket, hotel reservation and conference pass to the biggest yearly event in my profession. It was very uncertain if my admin and I would make it to the conference this year because of severe cut-backs and extremely tight budgets. However, our IT Director really felt it was a necessity for us to be there and I really appreciate that. So I am eagerly planning the sessions I will attend and what kinds of things I can load up on to better myself and keep myself valuable and employed.

2008 was better than 2007 although it really started out rough for me. About two-thirds or half way through the year things started improving. I can finally say I am getting back to the old happy me. There is still a long way to go and heal but every day is better. Although many around me are seeing bleak, uncertain and depressing times, I am seeing bright, certain and encouraging times. The last 3 or 4 years have been excruciatingly painful for me and things are looking up now - so you see where I am opposite of most around me?

I hope your 2009 is better than ever! :-)

No comments: