Thursday, January 8, 2009

Book Review - "The Christmas Sweater" by Glenn Beck

I just finished reading "The Christmas Sweater" by Glenn Beck. As you might know Glenn Beck had his own show on CNN and in a few weeks he will be on FoxNews. He's actually done radio for a number of years. Anyway this book is about a story based on Mr. Beck's own personal experiences. It was a fast easy read, although there were some parts that I had trouble following until the end. When the story is complete I understood more and then Beck goes back and explains more of the story from his personal life. When I read the acknowledgments and then more about him from his website, I found he was Mormon. This is key to understanding the story more and seeing where he comes from if you can't quite follow from a non-Mormon background.

The truth I came away from this read is to let pride and stubborness go. Try not to self-sabotage and lose your joy. Who are you and what is important to you? It is also important to make the best of your circumstances and surroundings because sometimes bad things do happen to good people.

No comments: