Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Bowl musings

First let me say that I am not a sports buff or even much of a fan. The extent of my sports watching is being in the same room with ESPN Sportscenter. The only parts I really get into are the personal pieces with family and backgrounds of the players. Then I connect to a team regardless of stats. Let's face it, I am all about emotion and picking who has the nicer outfit.

So, I was really pulling for the NY Giants and Eli Manning. (Although I liked the Pats outfits better. ) Last year I was cheering for his big brother Peyton of the Indy Colts. There just such nice, clean cut guys, you just can't help but cheer for them. Then there was all the bad press surrounding the Pats. Although it would have been nice to see them go undefeated to the end. Since I am not totally football-savvy but not a football dunce either, I was into the last couple of minutes like all the other fans. Eli and his team made a several nice moves that saved the Giants and broke the Pats. Way to go!

As for the musicians this year:
Finally after the National Anthem, were those Luke AFB F-16's? Sigh. Gee, I wish I knew an F-16 pilot!

No comments: