Sunday, February 24, 2008

Keeping in Touch

It is interesting to me when one person you know notices you out in the Internet social abyss it lights a ring of sparks.

Out of curiosity a while back I signed up for Facebook and I only hooked up with two people. In the last week I've been noticed by five or more other friends and acquaintances. Then I write a couple of blogs. Send a number of emails. Upload images, upload videos, etc. All I have to do is join MySpace...don't know about that one yet. Then no telling how many friends I would hook up with if I filled out all of the information they want.

So much for privacy! I want to stay in touch with family, friends and acquaintances but usually have to sacrifice much of my privacy to accomplish that. So where is the happy medium of staying in touch but protecting oneself and their family from those you don't want prying into your world?

No comments: