Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Time to buckle down...

Holidays are over. Lotusphere has come and gone. It is time to buckle down and get busy.

After Lotusphere I was really struck by the importance and urgency to step up my programming game. Lotus Formula language and LotusScript can only take me so far. As IBM Lotus Domino evolves there is more to know. It is time to add a few more skills to my bag. From what I was hearing all week, it was XML, Java, DXL, etc. I am okay with XML and probably DXL with a little effort, but that elephant, Java? That's where the JumpStart (JMP207) session on Sunday with Paul Calhoun and John Kidd were so valuable. Maybe I can eat an elephant...it's worth a try. And furthermore, I have a comrade who's been through these waters in express and accelerated mode - my brother. Ok, so he only had a semester or two of it in grad school - he's ahead of me! Well, I plan on investing (or have my company invest) in O'Reilly's Head First books...hopefully they will help this old girl stay young!

No comments: