Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Movie Review: "Enchanted"

A few weeks ago I spent my last free movie ticket to see Disney's "Enchanted" starring Patrick Dempsey, Amy Adams, James Marsden and Susan Sarandon. The storyline is an animated princess gets sent to the real world of NYC by the evil step-mother/witch. The animated handsome prince comes to rescue her, but of course, she is going to fall in love with the real world divorce attorney. Didn't see that one coming, did you? Actually it was a real cute clean movie.

Before leaving for the theater, my little 9yo princess was kind enough to offer to accompany me to the theater. How sweet of her. I declined her gracious offer with the reasoning that I only had one ticket. ;-) After seeing the movie I think it could encourage her existing princess and "happily ever after" thoughts. I don't care for any of the Disney witch, wizard, sorcery, etc scenarios. But there was no sleeping around, bad language or excessive skin showing, so I may let this one slide for her and let her see it. It isn't out on DVD yet but she will let me know when it is.

No comments: