Monday, April 18, 2011

Book Review - Liz Curtis Higgs - Mine is the Night

I have never read any of Liz Curtis Higgs' books but I was craving a good fiction novel. I picked up "Mine Is The Night" and it looked good. I immediately knew the story line and what would happen, but thought it be a good read. Since I love the story of Ruth and Naomi I was excited to dive in. I have never read any novels based in Scotland so this was an educational experience in Scotland culture as well as a time period educational experience approaching the American Revolution. In hindsight there is a book that comes before this one, "Here Burns My Candle", but in my opinion this part of the whole story is the best!

I won't dive into the storyline or plot but if you are interested in a good Scottish read along the Bible book of Ruth storyline, this book won't disappoint. I am interested in finding other Liz Curtis Higgs books of similar Bible storylines. Of course, I am not sure any book can top Francine Rivers' "Redeeming Love". Another author I need to dive into aside from that title.

So many books, so little time with such a small library! *Sigh*

No comments: