Sunday, May 16, 2010

New Seeds!

5/15/2010 - I had ordered Yellow Scalloped Patty Pan Squash (two kinds) and Courgette F1 Bambino Zucchini (baby zucchini) since I couldn't find those things around here or in the standard seed catalogs. I received all my seeds and am ready to plant this morning. I made three mounds for my squash and two big mounds for the baby zucchini and planted those. I am so excited about these and hope they come out well! I will need to get some more compost for these squash since I ran out and squash needs lots.

The wildest thing happened I had never seen - when I got to the garden and checked everything out before starting to work, the sunflowers had grown a little since I had been down there a few days before. But by the time I left a few hours later and the sun had hit them, they looked taller and spread out more - REALLY! I thought I may have been dreaming but seriously that is what happened. Maybe I did imagine it? My mother-in-law and another friend said it was probably true - sunflowers are like that. So cool!

The clouds look really heavy and we are expecting some good rain. We so need it!

I have also planted some herbs at home that I have forgotten to write about. On 5/7/2010 I planted Rosemary, Sage, Basil, Lavender, Flat Parsley and Cilantro plants and some Oregano seeds. Unfortunately my mint died so I will need to get another of those. I am not sure that my lavender is going to make it either. I also planted a Patio Tomato that looks pretty good.

Pictures will be coming soon when I get them downloaded!
***UPDATE: Here are some pictures from 5/15/2010***

Here are the Patty Pan Squash and Baby Zucchini picts - freshly planted:


And here is a bounty of lettuce - YUM!

No comments: